Saturday, April 26, 2008

Au Fils Des Saisons

Tonight Andrew, Chris, and his friend Tara from out of town, and I went to eat at Au Fils Des Saisons. A quaint little bistro with no sign in front on a quaint little street in the 3rd. We were all quite late but fortunately they were not mad at all (it was empty at that moment). The food there is fabulous ! I loved the little details they put into their dishes as well as the decor of the place.

Photobucket

Look how cute !
Photobucket

Photobucket

I ordered the seared foie gras with lentilles and sausage. This was heavenly. The foie was melt in your mouth perfect. The combination of the lentilles and sausage was delicious. Very rich so of course I had Andrew help me finish it.
Photobucket

Andrew's scallop dish. Good shit.
Photobucket


Chris ordered tortellini. Ummmm
Photobucket

Perfectly perfectly cooked magret de canard. I am getting hungry again just thinking about it. The tomatoes were so delicious. The pomme de terre was good but really rich - they could have reduced the size of it. Andrew helped me finish, of course.
Photobucket

Their signature "cooked for 7 hours" confit de canard dish. Andrew and Tara ordered it and said it was super bon.
Photobucket

Traditional Millefeuille. In school, we baked our millefeuille until it was golden brown, but traditionally, they are cooked this dark so it has a bit of that bitter, burned taste. I have yet to 100% acquire a taste for the burnt millefeuille (I am more at a 51%), I would say this was properly executed. The custard and fresh fruit was delicious. Not too sweet which is the way I like it.
Photobucket

The strawberry coulis served with it.
Photobucket

Overall, great place. Nice atmosphere, deliciously presented food, and great prices for the quality of the 3-course prix fixe - 31 Euro. I will definitely be back.

Au Fil des Saisons
6, Rue Fontaines du Temple
75003 Paris, France
01.42.74.16.60

No comments: