Thursday, March 25, 2010

Pizzeria Delfina

I finally got a chance to eat here and see what all the fuss was about.

My friend and former coworker at Chez TJ, Christina loves this place. We started with the warm-marinated olives which came out piping hot.

And delicious
Photobucket

We dined on the following:

Napoletana (Tomato, anchovies, capers, hot peppers, olives and oregano)
Photobucket

Salsiccia (Housemade fennel sausage, tomato, bell peppers, onions, mozzarella)
Photobucket

They were both great, however, I was totally in love with the Salsiccia pizza. But I gotta say that my love for fennel sausage started when I ate at Mozza. They both have similar styles of pizza - flat, smaller gourmet pizzas, although Mozza's fennel sausage pizza is better *wink*.

We were quite satisfied.

Pizzeria Delfina‎
3611 18th Street
San Francisco, CA‎
Tel: (415) 437-6800‎


We finished the meal at Tartine Bakery which was right next door.

Can't go wrong with the Banana Cream pie here. Not the most pleasing photo, but nonetheless, a stellar dessert. This may be the first American dessert I've had that isn't loaded with sugar. I really tasted just cream (unsweetened), chocolate, real bananas, pastry cream, and a wonderful crust.

Photobucket

Then I had to try the famous bread pudding. It was okay but forgettable. A bit dry. Where's the "pudding" ? But I liked the addition of fruit.
Photobucket

I will stick to the Banana Cream Pie. I wanted to try the croissant and pain au chocolat since I've heard such great things about them, but I was put off to how disgustingly large they were. hahah maybe next time. =)

Tartine Bakery
600 Guerrero Street
San Francisco, CA‎
Tel: (415) 487-2600‎

No comments: