Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Weddings... triathlon

Life has been pretty uneventful ever since I got back from Europe. Mostly because of working at a deadend job. But anyway, Rafael and I did end up driving to Rancho Palos Verdes for a wedding of a family friend at the Trump Golf Resort on July 15, 2006. Unfortunately, we were late to the ceremony. We made it just in time to see that the ceremony was over. Stupid L.A. traffic. L.A. sucks! Anyway.

Here is Cynthia in her second dress of the evening, Ryan, me, and Rafael
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My brother Huang, Cynthia, Ryan, me and Rafael
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In other news, this past weekend was Rafael's first Vineman Ironman 70.3 in Sonoma County. Details and photos can be seen here. Good times in Santa Rosa. Other than my horrific allergies, I had a good time despite waiting around for 6 hours. I enjoyed walking/driving around the area. Nature, wineries, lots of trees. Pretty relaxing actually.

Triathlon rules always say "NO DOGS ALLOWED." But at the SJIT, there were a million dogs. Didn't want to chance it here since we were pretty far from home. Well, I only saw 1 million BIG BIG FURRY CUTE DOGGIES EVERYWHERE! I'm bringing Ginger to all Rafael's triathlons from now on.

During Rafael's bike leg, I decided to check out a local coffee shop in Guerneville called the Coffee Bazaar. As I was waiting in the 20 minute line, there was a girl there asking each person unenthusiasticly, "can I get a drink started for you?" As she went down the line of a few people, it was finally my turn. But I got a "how You doin?" HAHAHAHHA! With my short hair, baseball cap, no makeup, and sports attire, I must have looked a little butch? I need to grow my hair out. =P Anyway, after eating a lovely tuna sammich, sipping some hot cocoa, and reading my Paris book, I decided to walk back to the car to drive to Windsor to see Raf finish up his bike, and start his run. As I was walking down the road, another old local guy with scraggly long brown hair says to me "It's hard not to notice all these beautiful girls. You guys are everywhere." Ummm, hmmm... I think my ASU cap and the Vineman t-shirt I borrowed from Raf was giving me my mojo that day. Speaking of which, triathlons should be a good place for single people to go. You know almost everyone will be fit with nice bodies. Plus, they are separated by age group so you can go look where your preferred age range is. HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH! I shall suggest that to my single friends. =)

No comments: