Sunday, September 03, 2006

Catching up with old high school friends

This morning, I met up with Luigi, Daniela, and Bahari, both of whom I haven't seen since high school. Damn, it's been what, 7 years? Crazy how time flies. We met up at Barefoot Coffee Roasters. Luigi was telling me about this place since it's gotten a ton of reviews. The latte is great, but very strong and sweet. Be warned that it takes 10 minutes for them to make your gourmet coffee or espresso drink. Good stuff though; I will be back despite me being so freaking wired the rest of the day.

It was nice to catchup. We talked a lot about traveling and work and stuff. One of these days, Daniela and I will meet up in Europe whether it be Germany or Paris (she is half German, half Jordanian). We also talked about other old high school people they have ran into. I haven't really seen anyone cept for Luigi so they filled me in. hahahah. One girl that I used to be close with in middle school has three kids already! (She is Mormon.) Another old friend is married and pregnant with a second child. It is just crazy to hear old classmates with kids. I can't even imagine being pregnant... and don't plan on it for at least 4-5 years! We had other things going on that day so we had to wrap up our coffee get-together. I spent the other part of my Sunday helping my bro pick out cheap furniture for his new place in Palo Alto. He lives right around the corner from Pluto's. SCORE! He's got a neat little place.

Other than that, I don't have much going on here. Been pretty busy with work and school. Taking Managerial Finance right now. Makes me even dislike Finance even more than I already do. I am not a big fan of business math even though it is simple arithmetic and algebra... mostly because I don't like word problems. I also hhaattee stats!!! I'd rather do Calculus I - V, Linear/Abstract Algebra, and Differential Equations. Hah! I'm a math dork. Taking this Finance class is torture. I pretty much spent all of my Labor Day doing homework. Plus Saturday and part of Sunday as well.

No comments: