Wednesday, September 06, 2006

GenArt Runway Casting

Today I had a runway casting for GenArt's annual fashion show. It was being held at the W hotel in SF. I was the second girl to show up for the casting. The first girl that showed up was from JE. The stylist was showing her how to walk; it's funny because it seems like these gay guys have the best walk out of everyone. ha ha. He used to teach runway. Anyway, it was my turn to walk. The stylist was like,

"Oh good, we need an Asian model."

One of the designers:

"We need a TALL Asian model."

hahahahah! I was surprised that I was sent on this casting because they usually have a height minimum of 5'9". I walked a few times. Had to redo my walk since they said I had too much "bounce." Then the designer told me to take my shoes off... maybe to make me feel shorter? hahah. It's been years since I did runway so I was definitely rusty. But I didn't feel too bad because 1) I couldn't do the show anyway since it's on the 16th; I'll be hiking half-dome, and 2) some of the models that showed up later didn't know how to walk AT ALL. It was pretty surprising! I was the only Asian chic and the shortest one there. (What's new?) But they are holding castings all day so I'm sure some of the taller Asian models from other agencies will attend. Saw a cute French model that reminded me of the French brunette actress in "The Beach" with Leonardo DiCaprio. There was another model with a really nice body. She was skinny but shapely. She had boobs/butt and small waist, and her legs had shape to it as well. Very toned.

A couple male models showed up and a bunch more designers with racks of clothes. They were having the models try on some of the clothes so they could take pictures. The first model that showed up was trying on a black dress, and the designer was like:

"Oh she is way too big for that dress."

LOL. The model was like,

"AH! You are not supposed to say that outloud."

Then the stylist was like:

"I need to teach you proper etiquette."

hahahah! She took it well and was laughing. SF is extremely nice when it comes to comments like that. I haven't really heard anything bad/harsh. All the height comments [of me being too short] are expected, plus I'm used to it. It's ironic how in this industry, those judging you whether it be casting agents, bookers, designers, are all but 5'2" - 5'9".

I am not really into runway anymore (someone book me for print jobs PLLEEAASSEE!!!), but I'll do another show someday just so Raf can see me. He's always saying how he wants to see me in a show. I said goodbye to the stylist, one of the designers, and the director of the show. Said thanks but I can't do the show. The stylist was super nice and said he is doing another show and that he has my comp card. Now I am at boring ass work in my boring ass cube with dimly lit flourescent lighting. Ah, this is the life. =P

5 comments:

Erhan said...

I want to see a show too!

Rafael Donnay said...

I want to go backstage and see tons of boobies!!

Joan P. said...

Yah, you can be a dresser and help everyone change. Even the naked male models! Woot woot!

Erhan said...

small boobies, big boobies, yellow boobies, red boobies, black boobies...wanna see all boobies :-)(remember the movie "desperado"?)

Anonymous said...

lol i did that show. ahhhhahahah. so funny. this is lyndsay btw.