Saturday, September 02, 2006

Le Papillon !

This morning, I attempted to do a 40 minute run only to start insanely cramping on my sides after only 15 minutes. I decided to do interval runs; walk a minute, then run really fast for another minute. I didn't think much of it as a real workout but my quads were SOOOO SORE the rest of the weekend! Ouch! I need to do more of this for strengthening. Ah, and Raf bought me power gels so I won't cramp so early next time. =)

Later that night, Raf took me on a hot date to Le Papillon. We finally got to try this place! We had:

• Complimentary shrimp in phyllo crust, and some kind of cold tomato-based tangy soup
• Crab souffle
• Filet of Beef with a wine sauce and butter-poached shrimp
• Duck breast with a sweet sauce with a side of wild-rice filled crepe
• Crepe filled with custard served with a Grand Marnier sauce

Everything was very good (you could cut my filet with a butter knife), but the crepe I could have made at home. Damn, $9 for that too! The custard they used taste like the creme I use to compliment freshly baked choux! I can easily make crepes like that, and the Grand Marnier sauce shouldn't be that hard to make; just add in sugar with the Grand Marnier and simmer.

We gave this place 4 stars despite the fact the food was very good simply because it is way overpriced. French food in general is overpriced in America. We had meals equivalent to this in Paris that didn't cost us more than 40+ Euro for two people. My filet alone cost $46. Anyway, it was just really nice to go out and have a nice meal. Thanks, babe! I love you!

No comments: