Saturday, November 18, 2006

Paris trip: Part deux

After a stop in Amsterdam, we arrived in Paris around 1:30pm.

Amsterdam airport reminds me of Valley Fair.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We eventually reached Saint-Michel around 3pm. Unpacked, settled in at Timo’s to relax a bit. Later in the evening we decided to walk around Saint-Michel.

Why can’t we have random fresh seafood stands in front of café’s and restaurants on the sidewalk? Ohhh I would love to be able to cook with such fresh ingredients!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Walking around Saint-Germain. I made Timo stand on an angle so I wouldn’t feel so short. I love cobblestone streets!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We picked a random restaurant to eat at. I walked in first, and the waiter started going off in French to me. DUH, is how I felt. I was too tired to even attempt to tell him that I only understand a little bit. Anyway, the restaurant had superb Soup de L’oignon. It must be the cheese they have here that gives it that extra ummph. Damn pasteurization! I ordered Beouf steak of course with a nice pepper sauce to go with it. Raf had the curry chicken, and Timo the Salmon. (This update is long overdue, but of course, I only remember the food details.) We then called it a night and passed out around 10pm.

No comments: