Thursday, November 23, 2006

Sacre Coeur, Sexodrome, Moulin Rouge, PDL Paris

Today was another day of some site-seeing for places we missed from our last trip. Our first stop was Sacre Coeur. Silly me decided to wear my stiletto boots today.

From the bottom
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Getting higher
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We made it! Can you spot some famous tourist attractions behind me?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

At the bottom of Sacre Coeur, there are a bunch of French-Africans selling knick knacks. It was pretty funny because the guys were trying to sell us stuff in English.

Raf said (in French): "We don't speak English. No thanks."

Knick knack guy: "Oh you should buy a bracelet for your beautiful Japanese girlfriend."

Raf (in French): "No thanks. And she's not Japanese, she's Chinese."

LOL this is not the first time this has happened. Many of the French think I am Japanese. hahaha. I get that quite a bit in the US as well.

The area around Sacre Coeur is where all the fabric stores are. It's very Bohemian. We walked a few blocks down to check out the Moulin Rouge.

Check out this cool gas station:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

What do you do at a Sexodrome? Me and Raf pictured naked people rollerskating in circles. HAHAHAH
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You can go to Pussy's, then to the hotel, then the Sex shop, grab a coffee and snack at the brasserie, and then get sushi at the restaurant next door. Sounds pretty good, huh?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We made it!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The prices here are pretty outrageous, and we heard there are better burlesque shows in Paris. Regardless, I really wanted to check it out in person. Pretty cool. I need to watch the movie again. Even though this area is considered pretty seedy, it really didn't feel that "ghetto." The more ghetto (if you can call it that) areas in Paris are nothing compared to back in the bay like Oakland, etc. I didn't really see people here that made me feel uncomfortable.

Next stop: PDL Paris. On our way back to the metro:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Before we hit PDL Paris, we had to get a snack. Or more like my hungry ass needed to get something. I had a SANDWICH RILLETTE D'OI! For those of you who don't know, it is simply a baguette filled with goose meat mixed with a bit of liver. Despite how simple this was, it was so f'in GOOD!

PDL Paris is located in the 1st arrondisement - shopping district. PDL HQ: Stank ass Fremont, PDL Paris: rue de Rivoli. How does this happen???
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I was able to meet some of my fellow colleagues. They were really cool and welcoming and even invited us to lunch the next day. (Unfortunately, we didn't have time.) Since we were already in the shopping district, we decided to do none other than --- shop! We hit up Mango, Zara, H&M, and Promod. I was able to find a very Parisian hat at H&M for only 6 Euro. I also bought a cool sweater at Promod. Raf found the perfect jacket in Zara, but unfortunately he didn't get it, and wouldn't let me buy it for him (tsk tsk you can't get it in the US!).

After shopping, we hit up the Super Marche for some groceries. I was really in the cooking mood and walking by all these fresh markets was a big tease. (After all, it was Thanksgiving). I stocked up on water, ORANGE-GINA (a la Timo), chicken and fresh veggies. The groceries here seem to be better and also cheaper. They don't last as long, of course, because they don't have preservatives and all that other crap sprayed on their veggies.

We finished the night off with an experimental dinner. I felt like making chicken pot pie filling. I simply blanched some green beans and carrots, sauteed the chicken in pure, deliceux butter and milk, add them all together, and...

Voila !
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Happy Thanksgiving! At least we had some type of bird. ;)

No comments: