Sunday, November 19, 2006

Strolling the streets of Paris

Oh my god, our asses didn’t get up until 12pm! We finally got our day started around 1pm. We walked to the Pompidou and walked around.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Then we hit the Picasso museum (no pictures allowed =<). There must be something going on with the French culture and women giving birth because after we walked out of the Picasso museum and down the street, there was a random small gallery of photos of women giving birth. I mean in the middle of giving birth. Every little detail. Very interesting stuff. After a nice stroll through the streets of Paris, we had some Quiche Lorraine and an Orangina. YUMMY. This is when Raf surprised me – my belated birthday gift was a TRIP TO MILAN FOR 3 DAYS!!! How cool is that? I had NO CLUE WHATSOVER. The first time I didn’t guess what Raf got me for birthday/anniversary. Insane!

Outside the cafe
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

In the adorable café, on zee Blackberry. Oh man, this thing was so handy on this trip. Thanks PDL!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After our delightful lunch, we walked to the check out the Louis XIV park and the Place de la Bastille. I absolutely love walking the streets of Paris. There is so much to see, and it is so beautiful. I wish we would have taken more pictures on these walks, but I guess we were too busy enjoying it. J Ah, something so simple yet so wonderful! On our way back home, we walked along the Seine. We saw a couple with a bottle of wine and their adorable German Shepherd just sitting along the Seine relaxing. Saw quite a few other dogs off leash, having a good time. Ginger would love this! I would be afraid she’d jump in the water though. =X

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Later in the evening, Raf, Timo, and I decided to walk around again. It was only around 7pm and we really couldn’t find any open restaurants as of yet! Hahahah, we arrived at Le Bistro Saint Andre (again!). They had JUST opened (I believe it was something like 8pm when we finally decided to eat there). Of course we had to order the scallops and magret avec pears and fois gras.

Look familiar?
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I want me some Greek Ass.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We were pretty full by this point and went back home. Then we were like, what the hell, let’s go get some dessert! Timo’s friend recommended a great place for some real chocolat chaud (hot chocolate).

Les Deux Magots
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Oh, let me tell you that this is the REAL DEAL. Man, the crap we have back home taste so bad and bland compared to this! They melt real dark chocolate, and it’s pretty thick. A small cup is definitely enough. We also had a Tarte de fraise, which was tasty too (and 8 Euro!). Maybe we were still too tired because we forgot to take pictures of it!

No comments: