Sunday, February 15, 2009

A&J's Beef Noodle Soup

After attending the cupping demo at Barefoot, Luigi and I went to eat Niu-rou mien at A&J's.

Niu-rou mien is a Taiwanese spicy beef noodle stew. I'm normally not a huge fan of Taiwanese food, but I LOVE this dish. Along with the dra-bing (translated into English - grab 'bread/cake'), or thousand layer pancake.

Photobucket

Niu-rou mien. Did I mention they make their own noodles. Hand-made noodles has to be one of my favorite things to eat EVER!
Photobucket

Luigi isn't a big fan of spicy foods so he got the plain beef noodle soup.
Photobucket

I haven't found a better niu-rou mien than here, even though, to be quite honest, most of the people that work here are douchebags. But it's okay because the contact you have with them totals to be about 30 seconds. Besides that, the food here is really good and comes out fast. And it's cheap and fresh. What more could you ask for ?

A & J Restaurant
10893 N Wolfe Rd
Cupertino, CA 95014
(408) 873-8298

5 comments:

D said...

I've never had this before but it looks delish! Is it in the same plaza as Ranch 99?

I could go for some ramen, pho, or bun bo hue right about now...

Anonymous said...

the noodles look a bit like the ones I had at Zen Zoo (recommendation from your blog, thanks!) a couple of weeks ago. they weren't bad but my cake there was lovely!

Joan P. said...

Yah it's supposed to be the same type of dish at ZenZoo... cept ZenZoo's flavor is blanded down for the French and their noodles aren't hand-made. Glad you enjoyed it though. I love ZenZoo's teas.

Joan P. said...

D - we'll go something fo sho !

Rico said...

I am really in impressed how delicious it looks lovely soup. :D