Friday, April 09, 2010

Russ & Daughters

Made it to Russ & Daughters because of several recommendations. I ordered the dill marinated Norwegian salmon, capers, and plain cream cheese on a plain bagel.

Photobucket

The bagel sandwich was great, although I think I prefer the bagels from Nussbaum & Wu a bit more. The dill salmon was fabulous. I figured the salmon bagel sandwich which be somewhat strong and heavy, but it was quite light and soft as a meal. My friend recommended that I order the sablefish bagel with everything next time, and that although still tasty, it is much better than the salmon bagel sandwiches. Noted for next time. =)

Another cool thing about this place is that they have a myriad of choices in terms of smoked fish and caviar. You can purchase them by weight and bring it home. It was so tempting to just buy a little of everything, but I don't think carrying around prepared fish all day was a good idea.

Also the service there was impeccable. Everyone was extremely polite and friendly. Highly recommended.

Russ & Daughters
179 E Houston St
New York, 10002
(212) 475-4880

No comments: