Friday, June 16, 2006

Job Search

This job search really f*cking sucks. So technically, I have been searching for a job since mid-April. I found the perfect job at eBay as the Associate Category Manager for Fashion, but the week I applied, they took the position off the net so I'm sure they accepted an offer that same week. How sucky is that. Sigh. I know it's only been two months but my job now is getting really old. I can't afford to settle anymore.

This week I've been applying to a few startups. I like the small company feel. Had too many bad experiences with larger companies. And wtf is up with people walking by my cube and staring in.

I'm sure I'm living in the wrong area, but I'd really only consider relocating to NYC or something... but if I don't find anything by the end of this year, I will consider San Francisco as a desperate move. (*shudders* at the thought of driving in the city every day, not too mention the expensive parking). As many of you know, I HATE HATE driving/commuting. It really stresses me out BIG TIME. Shit, my migraines started after Scios moved to Fremont and my commute turned from 15 minutes to 1 hour each way. AHHHH. Sigh. Do you know what I could do in the two hours I spend driving everyday? Spend time with my dog, WORKOUT, sew, cook, relax, swim, enjoy the sun. Nope, I gotta sit my ass in my chair the whole day and not move because I have stalkers at work micromanaging me (and they aren't even in my department).

Which reminds me, I had my FIRST department lunch today!!! I started at PDL in July 2005. But it wasn't MY department (Finance), it was IS! hahahhahaha. How funny is that. I'm pretty cool w/ one of the managers there so we always go to lunch. Their department is cool. Everyone is laid back and just joke around with each other all the time. The relationship/team building in that group is pretty strong.

Man, I wish I kept a blog of all the Office|Space moments I had during the last of my Scios days, as well as here at PDL. It would be great material for TV. I realize that many of you haven't heard about my many Office|Space moments so I will try to keep you entertained and repost stories.

Btw, this used to happen to me all the time:


YES!!! It's 3:45pm. I get to leave early every Friday to get my allergy shots. Something to look FORWARD to so I don't have to continue to rot my brain until 5pm. (And I HATE needles) =P

No comments: