Friday, June 30, 2006

Bordeaux, France

Today we got up around 7am. We didn't bring an alarm clock, so the extremely nice and responsible people that work in the hostel woke us up. We got up and headed to the train station, which was a short 10 minute walk from Barcelona 4 Fun.

Bordeaux, here we come!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

After our first four hour train ride, we had a stop in Montpelier where we bought a creamy donut, quiche Lorraine, and a ham sammich. Rich food, I had a bite of each and was full. We then hopped on another train for four hours to Bordeaux.

Rafael's lovely mami and papi picked us up along with his uncle. We were dropped off at mami and papi's apartment in Blanquefort, France, which is a little north of Bordeaux.

For dinner we had:
· Red wine
· Baguette (of course!)
· Goose fois gras (my favorite fois gras out of the entire trip)
· These little pickles that were the best pickles I've ever had
· Sliced ham
· Tabouli
· Butter lettuce salad w/ vinaigrette
· Cheese

In France, they eat plates one at a time, which is a great idea. They eat salads last in order to "cleanse" your body after a rich meal. Also, cheese is always at the end.

Papi, Raf, and Mami. Mami and Papi are 86 and 92 respectively. Can you believe it? They are the bestest!
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous of your European Adventure. I'm glad you're having a good time, though.

Erhan said...

I had forgotten how beautiful France is...even if we lost in the final to the ritals...

Erhan said...

C'est qui la chevre

Kristina said...

Reading about your adventures made me soooo hungry! Papi sounds like such a cute old man! And why is it the rest of the world is so much more enlightened/ have common sense than the average American?

Acadaemia Nut said...

Awesome updates and pictures! That's it, I'm going on a trip overseas next year and that's final. I just have to figure out how to fund said trip seeing as how I am now newly unemployed. Boo. Anyway, I'm looking forward to reading the next post, but I have to take a break and eat some food since, like Kristina, your pictures made me huuungry!

Joan P. said...

Yes, I know! Americans seem to lack common sense and knowledge of what's going on in the world compared to the Europeans.

And I'm glad my entries make you HUNGRRY. That is the point. ;)

Ysabel, I love traveling (obviously) but you always come back depressed. Sigh. I should send you my Costa Rica and China pix. =) I sent you the full albums of this trip to your gmail. Did you get it?