Thursday, June 22, 2006

Migraine = puke

Oh god! What a morning. I had a 9am meeting at work with the Account Executive from our drug distributor located in La Vergne, TN. So around 9:40am, I started to see those horrible bright spots. OMG, I am getting a migraine in the middle of a MEETING. This has always been one of my fears. Not to mention my other fear of getting a migraine on a flight, which happened on my way back from Nashville one time! Anyway, usually I see the spots for 20-30 minutes, then they stop, and the nausea and the *someone stabbing you behind the eyes with a knife* pain takes over. Fuck, so I wait it out until 10am and they still want to stay in the meeting longer. I said I had to go. So I grab my laptop and jump in my car to go home.

Guess who decides to take 880 - 237 - 101 home... AND THERE IS TRAFFIC AT 10:30AM. STOP AND GO TRAFFIC!!!

Well, good for me, I grabbed a cup from the breakroom on my way out, just in case, I PUKE IN THE CAR!!!

WHICH I DID. Good thing, I didn't eat anything this morning.

So after about 45 minutes of hell, I get home, throw my stuff down, and start puking again. *Shudders*

I don't know if this migraine is a blessing in disguise because:

1) It gets me out my godforsaken jail cell otherwise known as a cubicle.
2) I get to stay home with Ginger.
3) I actually have windows to see what the weather is actually like. Who knew that it was 90 degrees during the day??? OMG!!! WOW!
4) I get natural sunlight instead of fluorescent lighting and the view of a huge white wall.
5) I have to stay in bed and cuddle with Ginger.
6) Kills one more day at work. Friday I leave early for my shots... then in the next couple weeks, I will BE IN EUROPE!!!

But, the cons!

1) It is ass hot and stuffy, and there is no relief even with all doors, windows, and fans open/on.
2) I still feel kinda gross and groggy despite my three hour recovery nap.

Ah, the pros outweigh the cons. I guess it is a blessing in disguise! But damn, I feel sooo bad for Ginger being stuck in this ass hot place ALL DAY by herself! =( The coolest room right now is Carlo's room, which I am in now. No wonder she is always hanging out in his room. When I come home, I see this one hairy spot on his comforter so I know Ginger has been lounging there all day.

Anyway, I'm going to change into a bikini cuz it's sooo freaking hot! I'm wondering how shitty I will feel if I layout by the pool. =P

On a last note, I finally finished these sushi shorts for Carlo last night. A couple nights before, I was STRUGGLING with the pattern instructions I bought on how to sew the pockets. Long story short, One pocket was upside down, the other right side up, and I accidentally sewed the pocket openings shut. I already spent 10 hours trying to figure it out so I just said fuckit. Sorry Carlo, you have no pockets. He brought them with him to SHONG HI (he's going for work). I told him that if he wears them out to eat sushi, I will pay for his dinner. HAH!

Don't be jealous. *That orange shirt was Carlo's idea.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Another side note, my homemade pita bread with tzatziki sauce.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

4 comments:

Acadaemia Nut said...

Oh.

My.

God.

I don't want to see my brother wearing sushi shorts and a hideous orange shirt ever AGAIN!! ...Even though the sushi shorts are pretty cool :)

ps. Sorry about the migraine and especially about the car puking...

Joan P. said...

HAHAHAHHA isn't his shirt blinding? If he takes up my free sushi offer, I hope he doesn't pair up that shirt with those shorts. =P

As for the migraine, it's ok. I finally felt 90% better by 4:30 so I went to go layout by the pool. Woot woot!

Kristina said...

I think the free dinner is only redeemable if he eats out with us as witness! Ha ha ha. So this is his fashion style when he's without Ran, huh?

Anonymous said...

i want some of that stuff