Monday, March 30, 2009

Shibuya, Tokyo

On our way back home from Yokohama, we stopped by Shibuya. Crazy place - and as Luigi calls it, organized chaos. It's so crowded here in Tokyo but no one manages to bump into each other. It's amazing. I love it. I will upload the videos once I get back to the states. I'm in China right now and they block youtube.

Photobucket

Here's the famous loyal doggie - Hachiko. What a sweet story. (I really miss Ginger.)
Photobucket

On our way to Starbucks


At Starbucks


Then we went to get some cold soba.
Photobucket

We struggled with the menu a bit since none of us read kanji, but Luigi got us through it by chatting it up with the waitress. =) It was so refreshing.
Photobucket

I heard the waitress say "yaki onigiri" at another table, so we ordered that too. It was made with a different kind of rice and filled with all those little fishies the Japanese use quite often. (What is that called, btw?)
Photobucket

If you look closely, you can see the little eyeballs of the fishies. Ummm, yum yum!
Photobucket

On our way back to the subway

1 comment:

Acadaemia Nut said...

Aw, the loyal Shiba! I've heard that story...so sad and sweet!