Monday, October 29, 2007

Super Dessert Day

Today we made four simple but delicious desserts. These desserts are very important to learn because they are the basis of many other desserts as well as French classiques.

My version of Ile Flotante (pretty much meringue on top of a creme anglaise)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Creme Caramel (this was not mine but someone else's. Mine came out cleaner ;)
Photobucket

Chocolate mousse
Photobucket

My chef making "Angel Hair" out of sugar
Photobucket

Look at all the pretty colors!
Photobucket

The sad thing about this is that we throw away a lot of what we made today. We couldn't really save it, and we had all eaten so much sugar the entire class! I took my creme caramel home and some mousse. But let me tell you that I could not eat any more of that after three days. I need to ship all my friends over to eat up all this deliciousness. We always use real vanilla beans too - and they are so expensive!

I absolutely love creme anglaise and chocolate mousse - the most basic of things but so heavenly!

1 comment:

Rafael Donnay said...

send me the recipe for making croissants!