Friday, November 30, 2007

Le Menu Regional: Perigord

Perigordian food:

Rillettes de canard, tranche de pain de campagne.
I love rillettes.
Photobucket

Look at all that fat!
Photobucket

Escalopes de foie gras aux pomelos. And I love seared foie gras!
Photobucket

Carpaccio de Saint-Jacques. This was me and Andrew's dish. A bit tedious slicing the Coquilles St. Jacques but fairly simple.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Aiguillettes de canard saute au poivre, pommes Sariadaises (LOVED it. Duck is my new favorite thing. I think I might like it more than beef!)
Photobucket

Gateaux aux noix. Glace au miel.
Photobucket

So Amanda ended up burning all the walnuts for this dessert. It was a walnut tarte. Chef was like "do you have any idea how expensive that was?" Stuff like this always happens to Amanda.
Photobucket

So far this is one of my favorite regional menus next to Provence.

C'etait très bon !

No comments: