Monday, November 26, 2007

Want to be my lil bon-bon ?

It's time for candy, bon-bons, and more candy ! Super cool pastry classes!

Caramel d'amandes avec sel (salt). I can't imagine having caramel without salt now. Heavenly!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Home-made marshmellows. We flavored them with ginger, orange, passion fruit, rose, etc.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Pâtes aux fruits - pretty much jelly candy. This was passion fruit which was delicious.
Photobucket

But we forgot one of the ingredients and had to start over. Look at this mess.
Photobucket

Rasberry
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I had cut my marshmellows and jelly candies a bit too big. My chef mentioned it to me and I said in French "Oh the big ones are the American portions and the little ones are the European portions." He got a kick out of that one. =D

Now onto the CHOCOLAT!

Making the praline filling. Doesn't this kinda remind you of.... oh, that scene in Team America? HAHAHA
Photobucket

Photobucket

Don't play with your food.


Spray-painting the filling with chocolate before we coat them in more chocolate. We learned how to temper chocolate in order to have a certain shine to it. Pretty cool!
Photobucket

Action-shot !


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I was working pretty quickly with my chocolates and got them done a bit faster than everyone else. Chef was like "deja?" (Already?), and Eldar said "of course, she is Chinese. She is like a factory!" HAHAHA

It's in my blood, I guess. =)

No comments: