Sunday, May 25, 2008

Crêperie de Josselin

Tonight Andrew and I met up with Nina, Christophe, French friends whom I met through Timo, their daughter Sorel, and their friend Merlin at Crêperie de Josselin, un restaurant Bretagne (for those who didn't know, crêpes come from Brittany in the northwest of France). It was really crowded here which is a good sign. I always wanted to eat at a sit down crêperie but wasn't sure which ones were good. This restaurant was excellent. The savory crêpes are made with sarrasin, or buckwheat. I ordered a savory crêpe with bacon, goat cheese, spinach, and eggs. It was absolutely delicious. We ordered a couple pitchers of cider as well. Delicious. Us girls couldn't finish our crêpes, so the boys helped us. hah!

For the dessert crepe, Andrew and I split a salted caramel crêpe with vanilla ice-cream inside. They are known here for their salted caramel in sauce form, and ice-cream. Sorel ordered the ice-cream. Both were very, very good. The ice-cream wasn't too sweet or overpowering either. The crêpes are around 6 - 7 Euro each. Very very highly recommended.

Crêperie de Josselin
67, rue de Montparnasse
Paris 75014 France
01.43.20.93.50


Afterwards, we met up with Andrew's friend Tristan in the 6th at The Moose, a Canadian bar that we used to frequent back when I lived off rue du Four. We had a chill night with some drinks. A bunch of American girls ended up coming by who were friends of a friend of Tristan. One of the girls was actually from my hometown in California and went to my high school. Small world ! We had a couple of the same teachers, but she was quite a bit younger than me. Damn, I am getting old ! JK. Nina, Christophe, Merlin and I called it a night around 1H30.

No comments: