Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pintade en Chartreuse

Today I got to work with chef on this recipe. This recipe included layers of cabbage "milan," saucisse de morteau, pintade (guinea fowl), and poitrine de porc. I prepped the stocks and pintade, and he did the veg and farce. We both did the chopping. It was a fun and relaxing day today. The taste and texture of pintade is similar to chicken but also has a distinct flavor.

Ok, so I didn't measure the carrots and navet exactly... but it turned out decent. And it held it's shape!
Photobucket

I ran out of carrots.
Photobucket

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

And this is superstar, Chris HK's Chartreuse ! He measured everything. It's perfect! And made everyone else's look terrible. ahhaah. Bon bouleau, Chris !
Photobucket

It had a really nice, smoky flavor to it because of the sausage, but also salty and savory from the poitrine de porc. The cabbage and pintade balanced out all the strong flavors. Very delicious. I gave half of mine away to my neighbors.

Bon app !

No comments: