Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cali eating continued… “shopping”… and rock climbing !

So this morning went to pick up Christine at “7” and drive her to the airport. Raf wakes me up at 6am so we can get going. The plan was to go on our usual run after we dropped her off.

We arrive at her door at 6:45am. She opens the door in a towel and says “what’s wrong? Why are you here?” IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE 7PM. That is why we need to do 24 hour time in the US. AND that is why Raf should have double checked ! We were so tired and I was in allergy hell so we went back home to sleep.

I woke up, then met up with Weenie, Hubby, and Bean today. Ate at the orginal Vung Tau in San Jose. I got a delicious beef and shrimp rice dish of course. Ummmm

Weenie and HubbyPhotobucket

Then went to Neiman Marcus in San Francisco. The girls bought stuff (Weenie works at the NM in Palo Alto so she got some good deals). Then we hit up balls at Fantasia and more cream-cheese bread.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Afterwards, I went home and me and Raf went to drive Christine to the airport at 19h00. Grabbed a quick snack…

And then…. ROCK CLIMBING… one of my favorite things to do ever!
Photobucket

Here`s Carlo on a 5`10 - HE GOT STUCK
Photobucket

Raf
Photobucket

Brain
Photobucket

I climbed a 5’4, 5’7, 5’8, 5’9, and half of a 5’10 (I would have finished if Planite Granite wasn’t closing *wink*). My grip strength is pretty weak but I felt really good up there. I hadn’t climbed for at least 1.5 years. It felt so nice to climb again. That is one thing the French need to have – climbing gyms =). Almost makes me want to move back home. Hahahaha

Photobucket

Weee!!! 
Photobucket

Busy day today but trying to double book friends so I can see everyone in the “short” amount of time I have.

No comments: