Thursday, August 21, 2008

Love Apple Farm + Manresa**

Today I met up with Chef David at Love Apple Farm - the farm where Manresa gets all their fresh produce and eggs. I also had the pleasure to meet Cynthia - the owner and operator of the farm.

I had almost forgotten how beautiful it was to drive to Santa Cruz. This is on highway 17 - and don't worry, I was in 5th gear the whole time and had a steady hand on the wheel while taking this pic + video
Photobucket

So gorgeous - it was a perfect day to take my little miata out for a drive on some windy roads


Here we are - it's an absolutely gorgeous property
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Beaucoup de poulets
Photobucket



They have tons and tons of bees for the honey and veg
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Capucine !
Photobucket

Photobucket

Trinity! So adorable
Photobucket

And her bro
Photobucket

There were at least 3 other farm kitties too.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I ended up picking a bunch of fleurs de courgettes with Manuel who works there. Afterwards, I got myself a nice, cold Jamba and drove back on beautiful hwy 17 to Manresa. Wednesday's are typically very busy (it's like their Monday) so I volunteered to help with the mise en place.

Got off work around 18h45 and met up with Luigi for some Korean food at Tobang in Santa Clara.

Ummmm....
Photobucket

And free fried fish !
Photobucket

Bul Go GI
Photobucket

Bi Bim Bap
Photobucket

I really missed spicy food so I doused my Bi Bim Bap with the traditional spicy Korean paste.
Photobucket

Look how red it is - alas, it really wasn't spicy at all so I gave up.
Photobucket

After dinner, Luigi and I went back to Raf's to hang out a bit. Then we went to Blowfish since Matt was supposed to be spinning. Met up with Sean and his pals too.
Photobucket

Had a nice peach sake drink and some beer and then called it a night.

No comments: