Saturday, November 22, 2008

Chillen with Ben and Sophie, and Le Grand Tasting

Met up with Sophie and Ben whom I met at the Gastronomy By The Seine event. We ate at Les Pâtes Vivantes - a Chinese restaurant in Paris known for their hand-pulled noodles. Since it was just okay, I am not going to write too much about it. We agreed that the broth was too fatty with not enough flavor and the noodles too mushy. And, the waitress was a bit of a salope.

Anyway, after we ate, we enjoyed a nice walk around Paris.

Son, mom - can you see the resemblance? This photo is so cute.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Paris loves to keep their old books
Photobucket

I like taking pictures of random "pick up your dog poop" signs
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We stopped by ZenZoo's other tea shop selling Taiwanese teas and other miscellaneous tea-related items. Amongst, food, wine, coffee... Sophie knows a ton about tea.
Photobucket

Then we got coffee afterwards. Ben looks like he's straight out of the 70's.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then Sophie took me to Le Grand Tasting at the Louvre. She had a free ticket and kindly gave it to me. Merci, Sophie !
Photobucket

Looks at all the Châteaux there
Photobucket

It was a really cool event. Sophie and I bought a few bottles of wine and chatted with various wine folks.
Photobucket

It was freezing that day and I had forgotten my coat. Good thing I had been sipping on wine all afternoon. =)

No comments: