Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving par moi

Today was the first time I cooked a Thanksgiving dinner from scratch - all by myself. I was quite proud of myself - I didn't start mise en place until around 4pm! I roasted two turkeys too.

L'Apero and decor by Nina
Photobucket

Photobucket

I separated the skin apart from the meat and marinated the meat with butter, thyme, rosemary, sage, salt & pepper, and a shitload of garlic. Then roasted them with bacons on top for about 3 hours. I think this is turkey #1.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Amir shaving the CHINESE truffles he bought for 4 Euro. hahaha
Photobucket

"We have the technology..." says Amir.
Photobucket

Delicious mashed potatoes.
Photobucket

Stuffing - it was pretty tasty. Yes, I am still proud
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Bon App !
Photobucket

Pumpkin tarte - er, potiron tarte
Photobucket

Photobucket

Amir is SERIOUSLY obsessed with truffles
Photobucket

Photobucket

We played La Vache qui tache again !
Photobucket

heheheeh


I was the winner! But no one wanted to stop the game until I got a "tache." We didn't finish until 2 or 3 in the morning.
Photobucket

A very fun and successful Thanksgiving.

No comments: