Sunday, September 28, 2008

Breizh Café

This midi, Pim, Matt, and I met up with (omg, it's~!) David Lebovitz for lunch. He brought us to one of his favorite crêperies - Breizh Café. It was crowded so we couldn't be seated until 14h00. We all took a coffee at a nearby café which, I swear, had the best looking and authentic club sandwich I have seen in Paris thus far. And you know the French love "Le Club." That will be the next culinary stop.

Okay back to the subject. The owner of Breizh Café is originally from Bretagne, and his wife from Japan. The crêpiers/crêpières are mostly Japanese, and you can see the Japanese influence on some of the things like the wasabi salad and oysters, but the gallettes as I have learned is the true name for buckwheat crêpes, stay true to their roots.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I got my gallette with champignons de Paris, smoked poitrine, crème, and piment d'espelette.
Photobucket

And for dessert, we shared a crêpe natural avec caramel salée et glace de sarrasin. (Salted caramel with buckwheat ice-cream)
Photobucket

Crêpes have been my favorite thing ever since I was 5. Doesn't matter what time, season, or country I am in, I can always eat crêpes. This is now my new favorite crêperie in Paris. Traditional menu made with the highest quality of ingredients. I can't wait to go back. (David has a great post about it here).

Breizh Café‎

109, Rue Vieille du Temple
75003 Paris, France
M: Saint-Sébastien - Froissart
Tel: 01 42 72 13 77‎

1 comment:

Rafael Donnay said...

I love crêpes too!