Sunday, April 05, 2009

Dianxing (aka dim sum)... in Shanghai

Today we met up with my cousin, aunt + her sister, uncle, and Grandpa. We live near my family's old building (back before the communists, when families lived in entire buildings). It was cool to see it again.

Here we are with my mom's favorite "auntie" whom took care of her when she was a little girl. She's 92.
Photobucket

Located a little ways down was the dianxin resto. No MSG and probably the best dianxing I've had.

Tea menu
Photobucket

You can't find this in the US. It's a type of radish dianxin. SO GOOD !!!
Photobucket

Date rice cakes, Cha shao bao
Photobucket

Photobucket

Best dang ta EVER!!!
Photobucket

Mango gelee
Photobucket

<3 rice cake
Photobucket

Really, some of the best dim sum I've had. And a whopping $40.

1 comment:

Rafael Donnay said...

I thought that was a turnip pastry, not radish. could be wrong though.