Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kitchen Design class

Today was the last class of a series of kitchen design. A couple of the directors of the Anglo program graciously allowed me to take a couple of the classes. The class was for the Anglo pastry class and was taught by Monsieur Nian, a former pastry chef, and current consultant for miscellaneous things like chocolate mold-making and of course, kitchen design.

He's really good and knows his sh*t.
Photobucket

My special notebook that I bought from Muji - strictly for any restaurant ideas or food-related business ideas. This is my very rough sketch of my kitchen.
Photobucket

Monsieur Nian
Photobucket

The last class, he focused a lot on chocolate mold-making. He gave the class some clay to create molds (I did not participate since I don't plan on having a chocolate shop). One of the students in this year's pastry class is hardcore and went all out. He even went to a store outside of Paris and spent 60 Euro on this special kind of clay.

Imagine eating a huge piece of chocolate molded like this:
Photobucket

Ferrandi is on the map!
Photobucket

Monsieur Nian's creation. Cool, huh?
Photobucket
The mold on the left is the final piece used for chocolate.
Photobucket

1 comment:

Cwhite3 said...

Your stuff is very interesting. I like that you're describing your trip to Europe. I just did a few blogs on Paris, feel free to check it out!