Friday, October 31, 2008

L'Ourcine

Rafael and I went to L'Ourcine today after a recommendation by Amir. I had been anticipating this trip as I have also read some amazing reviews of this place.

Amuse bouche - carrot soupe (which was put in a siphon, then plated) with tiny croutons. Delicious.
Photobucket

Fish soupe - Raf loved it
Photobucket

Terrine de celeri rave and foie. Very refreshing and light even with the foie.
Photobucket

Rabbit. This is probably the best rabbit I have had. Meat fell off the bone and melted in your mouth.
Photobucket

Filet de couchon. It was perfect.
Photobucket

My side of brussel sprouts
Photobucket

Riz au lait. The best I have had thus far. It had dates and caramel on top.
Photobucket

Tarte l'inversée. Pineapples on the bottom, fromage blanc, and pate sablée. F'in good sh*t. Rafael was crazy about this dessert (and so was I).
Photobucket

Everything here was perfectly cooked and plated. Raf and I were so impressed with this little bistro hidden in the 13th. It's passing up Au Fils des Saison... and up there with L'Ardoise simply because they did both cuisine and pastry without error. It's simple food done extremely well - no frills.

L'Ourcine
92, Rue Broca
75013 Paris
Tel: 01 47 07 13 65‎

1 comment:

Rafael Donnay said...

oh man.. that soup, rabbit, and dessert made the perfect meal.