Monday, June 16, 2008

Aurore's Dinner party - Anglo pastry

The Anglo pastry class invited everyone over for delicious Chinese home-made "jiaozi," Vietnamese spring rolls, and various Chinese vegetables and tofu. It was EXCELLENT. I have been missing my mom's delicious Chinese cooking, so it was refreshing to have it here in Paris.

Photobucket

It was at Aurore's (she is French, but her parents are English) place - thanks, Aurore ! Pleasant host and good times. Chef Didier, Chef Thierry (both pastry chefs), and Chef Moris (boulangerie chef) came as well. Only me, Julie (and Julie's sis, Vyvan), and Amanda made it from the Anglo cuisine class.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I grew up eating these!!! My mom always bought them for me as a kid - and don't even know what they are called or what it is exactly made of but I love it!
Photobucket

Group effort - nettoyage
Photobucket

Pardon my awkward crouching lady-pose. Aurore, me, Julie, and Vyvan
Photobucket

Photobucket

We enjoyed a couple bottles of champagne afterwards and some good conversation.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I really liked the chair on the right made of wood and springs.
Photobucket

During the year, I didn't really get a chance to hangout with the Anglo pastry group. Tonight was nice.

1 comment:

Rafael Donnay said...

I love the look of old french apartments.