Tuesday, June 03, 2008

CAP test 7

Last part of the series of written exams. This one was super important - Technologie of Cuisine. They tested us on a recipe that we haven't done in school before. However, with trial and error, I was able to figure it out. It's neat to see that if you have the basis of one recipe, you can figure out others.

This test was 12 pages long. I feel pretty good about all the questions regarding cuisine and techniques de cuisine, but there were some other random questions about bacteria, disenfectants, and TACT/PRONET which to this day, I still don't know.

On my way home, I decided to get off a couple stops before mine so I could walk around the Place de la Concorde, one of my favorite spots of Paris, and also through Jardin des Tuileries where I normally run. As I was crossing the Seine, I swear I saw this guy putting away his fishing line. Or was I just delirious? Who knows? But I still love living in Paris. So beautiful.

Photobucket

I was so exhausted by the time I got home that I just crashed. Napped, then laid in bed all day. I think my brain was fried after all these hours taking these exams all in French. Sometimes it's exhausting really focusing on translating the language so I can really understand the context of it all.

But I am glad the written part is over. Now just one more test for the CAP - the practical in cuisine. Aiy !

No comments: