Monday, June 23, 2008

Mirama

Today me and Andrew went to check out Mirama in the 5th. Another gorgeous day out.

Photobucket

It is known for their Canard laqué. I only tasted the broth which was decent. Andrew would have preferred more crisp and shine to his duck, but I think he enjoyed it.
Photobucket

Tsao niu-hu (my ping-ying is terrible). This was decent.
Photobucket

Overall, not bad for a Chinese place in Paris.

Mirama
17, Rue St Jacques
75005 Paris, France
+33 1 43 54 71 77


Afterwards, we wandered around the streets of Paris.

Kid in a candy store - Andrew and comic books.
Photobucket

We walked through Saint-Michel and saw HOARDS of tourists. Like bulls in Pamplona, Spain. It was crazy. And we walked by a Subway that was FILLED WITH AMERICAN TOURISTS (well, they looked American). LIKE LINES OUT THE DOOR. I was a little hurt - how can you come to "my city" and eat Subway?! Why? How? At least get a Sandwich Grecques or baguette or something? Ah, so sad.

The rest of our afternoon consisted of more walking, gelato, Amanda, and Barbès.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Hi Joan. I found your blog shortly after deciding to study at ESCF which is interesting because I'm from South Africa and I have no way of going to Paris to actually research institutions (I have to save enought money just to attend). I'm sorry to contact you like this but I didn't know how else to (and I know that you don't have to actually publish this on your blog).

I was wondering if you could help me with understanding the registration process at ESCF. I have emailed the institution but have not heard from them. There are so many things that I would like to know like do I submit my application in French or can I submit in English.

I was glad when I came across your blog since you went there from another country. By the way reading you blog has encouraged me even further to study at ESCF. I would really appreciate you help in this regard. My email address is dianecanham@yahoo.co.uk