Monday, June 09, 2008

Wine and Rain in Bordeaux

This morning, Raf's uncle, mamy and papy dropped me off at the hotel to meet up with the chefs and my classmates. They packed me a bunch of little snacks to share with my friends, how cute is that? I came about an hour early so I sat at the café next to the hotel and had an OJ.

Photobucket

Chef Stéphane came to pick me up, and off we went to St. Emilion. I had already been there before so I didn't take many photos. We took the same English tour that I took last time. Check out my last trip.

After the tour, we went to eat lunch at L'Envers du Décor. It was simple and fresh food - very delicious.
Photobucket

Look at the chef wearing a t-shirt instead of a veste.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Our "amuse bouche" - lil sammiches
Photobucket

I really enjoyed this dish - fresh, crispy romaine lettuce, pepper stuffed with cheese, and fried shrimp. ummmmm
Photobucket

Goose ! Andrew helped me finish this one.
Photobucket

Dessert! Rich, velvety chocolate
Photobucket

Un express to finish the meal with the special macaroons made at St. Emilion and a cannelé
Photobucket

L'Envers du Décor
11, rue du Clocher
33330 Saint-Emilion
05 57 74 48 31


Afterwards, we walked around for a bit - a bunch of us bought "wine salt." They had different wine salts like cabernet and merlot. Pretty neat. Then we took a small sieste on the grass. It was really nice weather and very clean.
Photobucket

ZzzZzz =)
Photobucket

We drove back to our hotel and then took a walking tour of Bordeaux.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Les Chefs. We were specifically told not to wear flip-flops. NO FLIP-FLOPS, Anglos! But of course, Chef Stéphane wore them. Such a Chef Stéphane thing to do. ahhaah
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Me, Chef, and Brian listening intently
Photobucket

Photobucket

Felipe "secretly" took this photo of Chris with my camera. HAH!
Photobucket

Bang-me !
Photobucket

Photobucket

Oh my god, then out of nowhere there was a torrential downpour! Here is Eldar blowing away in the wind.
Photobucket

We all got separated because we were running from one area that had some shelter to another.
Photobucket

Look! Chris hiding on the left. Felipe and Eldar on the right... and chef walking away leaving all of his former pupils to fend for ourselves. HAHAHA just kidding.
Photobucket

It was actually really fun and funny! I have never had to do that before. It wasn't cold either. The one time I leave my umbrella in Paris... where it rains a lot!

We were finally able to regroup somewhat. The other half of the group was long gone by then. F'in good times!


We ran all the way back to the hotel after that. We had a wine tasting to do at a wine bar right across the street from our hotel. Poor Jessica was wearing a white shirt. Andrew gave her his shirt to cover up. lol.
Photobucket

Photobucket



hahahah Classy! Loves it !
Photobucket

Photobucket

I quite enjoyed our little adventures today.

Bar à Vins
3, Cours du XXX Juillet
33075 Bordeaux, France
05 56 00 43 47


Now off to nap and get ready for dinner at La Cape! Nicolas Magie's restaurant.

No comments: