Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Dune du Pyla - Arcachon, France

After our huge lunch, we were all really sleepy and totally stuffed. But we managed to have enough energy to entertain ourselves.


Our next excursion was to the Dune of Pyla - the largest dune in Europe. Raf used to come here as a kid and play. Pretty f'in amazing. Seriously. And really good to burn off a few calories.

Quick look at the bottom


The easy way up - the harder way was on the right side.
Photobucket

Taking the longer and harder route but it ain't got nuttin on Half Dome in Yosemite!
Photobucket

So when I tried to walk up at a normal pace, I kept sinking in the sand and falling back. I felt like I wasn't going anywhere so I decided to try "jog" and get up there as fast as I could. Hence me being out of breath here.


Moving on up !
Photobucket

Look how gorgeous it is up here. These photos don't do it justice.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Such a gorgeous day.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Salut, tout le monde !
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

So nice up there. You can also see the windsurfers. Later Chef Stéphane suggested getting beer. HAH!


Photobucket

I brought my bikini but wasn't sure if it would be hot enough to tan and swim. Too bad, I shoulda changed! I'm so pasty and it's already June. I'm a California girl - I need the sun once it hits Feb/Mar! I laid down on the nice, warm, clean sand and tried to get some color (and ended up with a bunch of sand down my pants.) I am now dark white. =D
Photobucket

I turned around and looked up and saw Bang-me making a sand castle. HAHAH cute
Photobucket

Chris, Felipe, Eldar and Andrew ended up going to the beach while we stayed up top. They actually went swimming (Canadia in his boxers hahahah) and everything! So jealous!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Walking back up to our side of the dune.
Photobucket

Our time was so short. It was time to go when it really only felt like we were up there for less than 45 minutes.

Signature jumping shot
Photobucket

On my way down. Excuse the chub. I'm working on it. ;)
Photobucket

Was so fun running down!
Photobucket

Eldar barely made it to the car when we left. hah! We all wanted to stay here longer. What a fabulous day =)

No comments: